Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Harbor... (from "shift", the ant song)

So today, at homegrown muthaz, we harbor this great little big hope:

that we feel alive, in everything we do, word we say, thing we see, in time that goes by or stands stills. that we not shy away from our true selves and the deepest, un-graspable moments of the world whatever they may be. that we never give up
and not be afraid of being genuine.


("Chairman of the Bored", courtesy of Cooper @ Drawmo)

Earlier this morning, I was experiencing discomfort from having to discuss a matter with a potential client. I was also attempting to solve an ant situation. They'd found food on what looked like a spotless countertop. I was getting frustrated trying to wipe the surface and not kill any. No matter how much I cleaned, they would reappear and congregate in a new spot. Then I started getting upset at the noise from the replacement fridge just installed, and at the fact that I’d lost a lot of food in the previous, malfunctioning, one. And all the flies that got in the house during the heat yesterday, and were now buzzing around wondering what's up.

That’s when a shift occurred. Not sure how it happened, but it went like this. I thought, "when it's time to leave this place (the homegrown muthaz' current outpost) I will". Space and time opened. I felt relieved, and sad and free. Simple.

No comments: